Scrabble Points: | Base | DW | TW WWF Points: | Base | DW | TW * il was not found in one of the official word lists
1. A simplified spelling of ill.
1. An unusual and un-English assimilation of in- before l, after the analogy of or by confusion with il-, il-: perhaps only in the rare and obsolete illighten for inlighten, enlighten (compare alighten).
2. An assimilation (in Latin, etc.) of in- before l. (See in-.) In the following words, in the etymology, the prefix il- is usually referred directly to the original in-.
3. An assimilation (in Latin, etc.) of the negative or privative prefix in- before l. (See in-.) In the following words, in the etymology, the prefix il- is usually referred directly to the original in-.
4. A suffix of Latin origin, forming in Latin adjectives and nouns derived from them, and less frequently nouns directly from verbs and nouns, many of which formations have come into English.
 Cuir is an expression used to denote the error in speaking, which consists -- in French -- in pronouncing a t for an s , and vice versa at the end of words which are joined in pronunciation to the next word: e. g., il étai-z-à la campagne for il était à la campagne .
Submit a new sentence for il.
Rules to Submitting
Use the actual word in the sentence when you submit it.
Be original! We check the sentences and make sure they have not already been posted on the net